archive     message     rss     Pinterest     about


April 29th
9:00 am
V&A | Plastics Page Final

April 29th
8:58 am

FINAL EVALUATION: V&A PROJECT

Object Video

This is the video that I am most happy with as I think I took features from all areas of the sideboard and applied these into an animation. I enjoyed using stop motion as this was a process I have never done before. As Jo said I could have included some more informative text about the sideboard which I agree with and would work on next time if I were to do this project again. 

Process Video 

I like some parts of this video however it didn’t quite turn out how I expected. I liked the angles at which I filmed from, found through research into other videos, but I could have made it clearer as to what was going on in each scene. I  could have included more text and written information to do this. I do like the colour scheme that I kept however and the fact that you can hear the sounds of the workshop. 

Group Video

I really like this video as I think it’s clever and fun to watch. Again though after hearing feedback from the design team I do agree that perhaps we didn’t fully think about appealing to all target ages when making this video and maybe it is aimed at a younger group. We could have also made it clearer after each letter that we were spelling out the word plastic as we noticed that this was something people missed when we played it to them. However I think as a group we worked well together in producing a final piece. We never had disagreements about the planning or making of it and we were fairly efficient in getting things done. 

Project 

I found this project hard as animation and using multimedia is not something I’m particularly confident with or really enjoy. However I did like developing an idea in preparation for viewing by a professional team as this was something I had never done before. We were very lucky to have such good briefing and feedback from the V&A and I am very thankful to Jo Glover and her team for being so helpful.

I don’t think that I developed my work as much as I could have done in this project. I left a lot of my book work to the last minute meaning that I developed better ideas after I had already started filming my final pieces. I could have also considered the V&A’s design guidelines more and thought about the aesthetics and graphics of my videos.  

Another thing I fell back on in this project was contextual research. I looked into Ettore Sottsass, the designer of my object, and some animation videos and styles but that was all really. Perhaps researching an actual artist or graphic designer could have helped me with the design aesthetic qualities of my videos and making them more typical of the V&A style. This is an aspect that I will make sure I practice a lot in the final project.

Filed as: evaluation  

April 29th
1 note
8:57 am

The board that I made and used in my presentation to the V&A.

The board that I made and used in my presentation to the V&A.

Filed as: professional practice  

April 29th
8:55 am

The video version of us presenting both our group and individual videos to the V&A design team. You can also hear the feedback we received. 

Filed as: professional practice  

April 29th
8:53 am

Pictures of us presenting to the V&A

April 29th
8:51 am

Write Up of Pitching our Videos 

Write Up of Pitching our Videos 

April 29th
8:49 am

FINAL GROUP VIDEO: PLASTICS

Filed as: final idea   multimedia   video   group video  

April 29th
8:48 am

Shown on the left page are screenshots of our final film for the plastics group and how adapted the last one. On from our last meeting and the interim review feedback we realised that we needed to change the aspect of our images so that they filled the whole rectangular screen. We had planned to film again at a wider angle however we ran out of time due to us all working on our own individual videos. Instead we put the photos onto photoshop and zoomed in so that they filled the screen. We then layered on top the original sized pictures so that they would play at the same time but show different angles. It took a long time to do to each photograph but it was the only way we could fill the screen without re-filming. The screenshots show the stills at the points where the letters have been formed using the objects. In between these moments the objects move to create the next letter as if in motion across the page.

Shown on the left page are screenshots of our final film for the plastics group and how adapted the last one. On from our last meeting and the interim review feedback we realised that we needed to change the aspect of our images so that they filled the whole rectangular screen. We had planned to film again at a wider angle however we ran out of time due to us all working on our own individual videos. Instead we put the photos onto photoshop and zoomed in so that they filled the screen. We then layered on top the original sized pictures so that they would play at the same time but show different angles. It took a long time to do to each photograph but it was the only way we could fill the screen without re-filming. The screenshots show the stills at the points where the letters have been formed using the objects. In between these moments the objects move to create the next letter as if in motion across the page.

Filed as: final idea   storyboard  

April 29th
8:45 am

Interim Review Feedback Write Up

Interim Review Feedback Write Up

Filed as: interim review   feedback   development  

April 29th
8:40 am

First trial video

Filed as: multimedia   video   group animation  

s.t.